History of Peel Lodge No.468 AF&AM, Grand Lodge of Canada, Province of Ontario
On Tuesday evening, June 7, 1904 about fifty masons assembled under dispensation to inaugurate a new lodge of the order in Caledon East. The ceremony was performed by R. W. Bro. J. Edward Francis. D.D.G.M. of Toronto West District No. 11, assisted by R. W. Bro .R. Irvine, D.D.G.M. of Wellington District No. 7.
W. Bro. Francis N. Leavens became the first Worshipful Master of Peel Lodge. Our new Lodge room was a leased flat on the upper level of the Bradley Building owned by Bro. Thomas Evans on the main street of Caledon East..
On October 6, 1911, R.W. Bro .H.G. Scully, assisted by other members of Grand Lodge dedicated our first new Lodge building. On May 15, 1957 our current Lodge building was open for business and on November 29, 1957, the M.W. Bro. Harry I. Martyn and his officers officially dedicated our new Lodge for Masonic use.
To date, Peel Lodge has recorded 460 Initiations, 102 Affiliations and 95 different Masters. We also have three outstanding examples of family commitment:
W .Bro. Geo. Berney – 6 sons. 5 grandsons and three sons in law
W .Bro. John Fleetham – 4 sons, 3 grandsons, 1 son in law
W. Bro. J.O. Proctor -4 sons, 4 grandsons
V. W. Bro. James Drummond – 2 sons
On December 8, 1967 Peel Lodge recorded 69 visitors from 32 different lodges, including 4 from Massachusetts.
Peel Lodge has provided Honorariums for a male and female student at Mayfield Secondary School for 30+ years.
We are very proud to have participated in the presentation of V. W. Bro. Murray Fallis’ 75 years a mason pin, the only one so far for Peel lodge.
On May 15th, 2004 at the Peel Masonic Hall, the Grand Master, M.W. D. Mumby, D.D.G.M. R.W. Bro. Murray D. Lampert and other Grand Lodge officers helped Peel Lodge celebrate 100 years as a lodge and assist Peel in the Installation of the 91st Worshipful Master of Peel Lodge to start the second 100 year history.